Wednesday 20 March 2013

Q6- Plan of speech

Plan-
For our preliminary task we had to make a magazine that would be suitable for the school to publish, it was very different to the actual magazine that we then made later on in the year.
When we first started out with the magazine I was little confused and I think that I made the magazine look more like an information booklet than an actual magazine for a school but that's because we had never done anything like this before. On my final draft I realized that there were was a lot of blank white spar that hadn't been touched and that I hadn't really filled it with things like cover lines and headlines. I learnt that as I went on and started to make the music magazine that I actually needed things like the cover lines and the main headings to make it look like a real magazine and without them it would look again just like another information booklet.

Being able to use all different technologies to make this music magazine really also helped me in the production. For this task I used Adobe Photoshop and also Adobe In design. Using Photoshop meant that I could edit pictures to go onto my magazine, it helped me cut out any backgrounds or shadows that I did not want in the picture that would not make the magazine look professional. For the media product that I produced I used a professional SLR camera which really also helped my pictures look clean and precisely taken whereas in the premliminary task i used a normal digital camera that didn't give the pictures that edge and made them look just average.


I have also learnt that I needed. To take more professional pictures on a good decent camera and not just one that would take a picture and be all pixilated I also needed the white drop on the background just so the pictures looked professional and also so you couldn't see other people in the background that aren't meant to be there. I also learnt that every magazine needs a bar code as I didn't actually have one for the preliminary task and I need one to make it look professional.

I also learnt that it's all the little bits or detail that make it look like a real magazine, like the contents pages and the main stories inside, if your front cover doesn't match to the stories inside then what is the point of having that on your main page,because the front cover is what makes people buy the magazine. If they like what thy see on the outside then they are going to like what will be inside.
I also learnt how to properly use all the software that was needed to make the magazine as before I was so confused on where to put things, however now I am happy to use it and I could honestly feel confident enough to teach someone else the skills that I have learnt.

Having a preliminary task to do before actually starting the proper magazine meant that I knew what I was going to have to do to make the real magazine, we had a time limit and just like the other task we had to hand in drafts  to be told what we could do better and what we would need to do in order to get a higher grade. I felt that this was what helped me, as you can see from the images that the first task did not have enough to content to make it look like a real magazine. Comparing this now to my final task is very different. Going through the lessons we learnt what a real magazine looks like and what should be included in the magazine, we also looked at types of fonts and pictures to make it look believable  this really helped as to many fonts and pictures that don't relate mean that the audience you are trying to please wont actually find this appealing and probably wont buy the magazine.


No comments:

Post a Comment