Monday 17 September 2012

First Post For Blog

Today I made my first blog which will be for media studies. In today's lesson we looked at physical features of magazines including layout of the page, font, size and quality of the photo's, we then analysed the magazines and put it into a table called 'McMahon and Quinn'. After that we then talked about as a class, the different types of features that we had written down, about our magazines.

The information that I gathered from todays lesson meant that I could go away and look at the different features of magazines such as the fonts and the layouts of the page. By doing this it will help me to recognise what a real magazine should look like and also will be able to help me when I am starting to begin my magazine.

Discussing the quality of the photos really meant that I then knew that the photos had to be a good quality and poor qulity meant that the magazine would not look proffessional. Having a professional looking magazine means that it will draw the readers attention to it but for all the good reasons. If I had a poor quality magazine it would mean that wouldnt be able to grab my specified audiences attention, and the magazine may look like a five year old has done it, and this is not what I want.

Good fonts again means that I will grab the readers attention, especially if the font is bold, but having all different fonts can create the wrong impression, it can make the magazine look messy and unorganised. This is why when it comes to making my magazine I will look to be using only like 3 fonts. These will all be for the inside content, the coverlines and also the main titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment