Thursday 21 February 2013

Development on the magazine.

As I have been going along making the magazine I have changed my mind several times on what will be going into the magazine. First of all I started off with looking into doing a Vs magazine of all the best bands of 2012/13 however I found this hard as I only had a Front Cover, a Contents page, and a double page spread to try and do this in. I also thought about trying to make a 'best of the bands' page to try and fit on the double page spread and then realized that this just wasn't realistic due to space. 

I then decided to change my idea to just having the magazine and the double page spread set on one band and it would have a set interview, and pictures that I have taken using the camera provided, however I then realized that the band that I had created in my mind were nothing like I first thought of when coming up with the idea of this magazine. Making a 'indie rock' magazine I would not need to have an ethnic group in that like to rap as this does not coincide with the genre of the magazine, so once again I decided to change my idea and take yet another set of pictures to go into the magazine.

When deciding what sort of pictures to take next to go onto my front cover, double page spread, and contents page I had an idea, that idea was that I would change the pictures from a band to a solo artist. I thought this would be better as I could then focus the main interview just on him, I thought this was a great idea as it would make it easier to do the interview on one person rather than having lots of different inputs from all the different band members. 

I am now looking at the pictures that I have taken to go into the magazine and I love them, I am much more happier now that I have taken these ones as it will make it easier for me place them and for them too look like they are actually meant to be a part of the magazine rather than them sticking out and not flowing. 

Now that I am happy with my final set of pictures I can now start to put the final magazine together, this will be good as it will start to look like my final product and I can also get feedback from my teacher on what she thinks I will need to do to improve the magazine.

I am very pleased with the progress and I can now start to work towards what I am going to do, and I can add all the text to match the pictures making the magazine look much more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment